Good News for anyone considering Australian Skilled Visas through State Nomination ;
From 1st March 2014 State and territory nominated visas will no longer be subject to occupational ceiling limitations.
As there are still high levels of interest from applicants in the following six occupations, pro rata arrangements for these occupational groups will continue:
• Chemical and Materials Engineers
• Electronics Engineers
• Other Engineering Professionals
• ICT Business and Systems Analysts
• Software and Applications Programmers
• Telecommunications Engineering Professionals.
Details of the cut-offs for these occupations are in regular DIBP reports